WPP & Alibaba Webinar Series
An Invitation from WPP and Alibaba
China’s consumer spending is back in growth so leveraging this for your brand is something you should understand more about.
We are all reviewing our business plans for 2020/21 and looking for new opportunities. China’s consumer spending is back in growth, which presents opportunities for international brands, and leveraging this for your brand is something you should understand more about.
There have been many developments that make it simpler for international brands to sell to Chinese consumers. From consumers’ increasing appetite for new and interesting brands, to the simplification of supply chains and cross border trade. What you thought might have been difficult and time intensive, is now much more achievable.
This series is designed for:
- The curious marketer and brand manager
- Brands looking for growth opportunities
- Companies who see the China opportunity but don’t want the complexities
- Those interested in building a Direct to Consumer business as a part of their route to market strategy Business development teams
To help you understand, navigate and see if this opportunity right for you WPP and Alibaba invite you to join our webinar series.
3 uniquely curated bite sized one hour sessions
Each session building on the previous one. Sharp, insightful masterclasses given by experts from WPP, Alibaba, brands and live streamers. Hosted by WPP’s David Roth, China expert and CEO of The Store, WPP Global Retail Practice and Alibaba Group’s David Lloyd, General Manager UK, Netherlands & Nordics.
Session 1: Tuesday 22 September, 4-5pm BST
China Landscape and Consumers
- The current landscape
- China’s consumer spending back to growth
- The changing Chinese consumer
- Consumer trends you must know when considering China strategy
- The COVID 19 consumer impact
Session 2: Wednesday 30 September, 4-5pm BST
Rapid Alibaba Immersion
- Alibaba ecosystem
- Potential routes to market
- How to get the best from Alibaba
- How Alibaba can support your cross border sales and your growth ambitions
- Learn from businesses, ranging from SMEs to multinationals operating in China
Session 3: Wednesday 7 October, 4:30-5:30pm BST
The new phenomena of live streaming and brand building in China
- The new phenomena of live streaming – hear from the live streamers find out how it works and some key tips
- Working with in-market social influencers
- China’s ever-changing social media landscape